Freeing the Breath: with Esalen® Massage & Bodywork
January 18th - 19th, 2017
12x Continuing Education Credits
Awareness of breath, ours and our client’s, is one of the founding principles of touching essence. Sound is breath made audible. Sounding both from and into the body, creates vibration, and vibration in turn creates spaciousness; in our organs, our bones, our muscles, our brains – from head to toe. As we increase our vibrational frequency, we invite healing, and as spaciousness replaces density, muscles loosen, organs soften, and we experience expansion and liberation. In this specialized program, Ellen will guide us in learning how to activate our own breath through the use of sound & chant, and how each sound resonates with each chakra. You will also learn chants from cultures both ancient and modern to relax and free the breath. Feel empowered to combine the senses of touch and sound in creating an ideal climate for your client’s healing, opening a new, invigorated way of being in and living in the body.
- Class from 9am - 4pm with break for lunch on Wednesday and Thursday.
In this class you will learn:
- Guided breathing techniques
- Guided chanting techniques
- Principles of Esalen Massage
- Postural and breathing exercises for self-help
- $295- with complete payment before December 18th, 2016
- $345- payment after December 18th
- $100- deposit required to reserve your space